Friday, December 14, 2007

My first blog with my Tablet Pc!

Hurray!After a long wait I got my Tablet PC. In fact it's been 4 weeks since I've been waiting for this. I should say it is definitely worth the wait. Yes! I bought a Lenovo x61 Tablet PC! It took a while to decide which are to go for. There were couple of considerations while doing the research. They are:
  1. It should hence good reviews.
  2. It should be pretty light so that I can hold it and not hurt my hands. I already have tendonitis. I don't want to worsen it.
  3. It should have in-built broadband connectivity possible. with this I can take discount offered by my company.
  4. And of course, the price.
With these in mind I started my research. Where does one look for what they want? "Google." So, I googled for reviews on Tablet PCs. And that's how I ended up with Tablet PC reviews.com.
after going through the reviews it seemed like there are bunch of options : HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Fujitsu etc. I really liked Fujitsu but had to chuck it away since it neither had broadband connectivity nor is cheap. It is around $2700 But it some one can offer it, I guess that would be awesome.
I had to turn away from Toshiba even though it was good in price since it didn't have mobile broadband connectivity.I house to mention that Toshiba's site is well designed and their marketing videos are awesome. You can see them here
So it came down to HP and Lenovo.It turns out that both HP and lenovo have very similar things to offer Though HP was giving more hand drive. And Lenovo was giving better processor speed. I traded processor speed for hand drivenAlso Since their price is almost sameand the fact that I was getting Some discount from Employee purchase plan of IBM through trend of mine I had to go with Lenovo.
So here I am enjoying the beauty of tablet PC writing with my pen again and it is automatically getting converted to text. Awesome.
Somethings that I don't like about tablet PCs is that I didn't find any one of them having in built Cd-rom drive.
For someone waiting to buy a Tablet PC, do also consider buying a pen mouse or tablet mouse a Bamboo from WAcom I It would be around $200 and would hook up to USB. Any windows XP should be able to recognize handwriting, I guess. This way you can have the fun of having PC but still in cheap. You might am worry I didn't do that. wen it's been almost 3 yrs and I haven't availed of the discount on computer that my company gives.
Happy handwriting again!

No comments: