Friday, January 11, 2008

Gold more than $800????

What the heck? Gold has gone wild. The last time I checked gold prices it was $600/oz. Today it is $800/oz. Thats a whooping 33% increase in just a matter of few months. Instead of searching for good stocks to invest on, it is good enough if we buy gold and hold it for a while. Whew! I missed the opportunity.
I was searching for gold prices since my mom told me to check them out and buy some gold if I can for my future marriage. I agreed to her wish since she was so nice in explaining the things that would go through while getting married. It made sense and I stood in to support her. I was totally surprised that gold jumped up like that to $800. No wonder the gold companies stock was going up like crazy. One of them is KGC. Some other companies in silver are also doing well. May be we should invest in such companies.
I read some reports about prices of silver going up to $25/oz from their current $16. It is time to rethink the strategy for investment. Real estate has lost its lustre, retail market is in downturn, financial sector is in crisis. The best option does seem to be precious metals.

1 comment:

Rocky said...

throw some light on infrastructure fund if u can