Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am humbled!

Dont know if you folks follow TED, but if you haven't already checked out, check out this link you would be amazed.


India needs more of such practical people than bookish knowledge.And it definitely needs people who dream big and go after it. Its a pity that Indian community somehow becomes complacent quickly and is very risk averse. You go and tell someone you wanna try something new and 90% of people would say why do you want to take risk when you are properly settled, blah blah blah.. But what is life without taking risks for what you believe in? As a community we need to encourage people to take risks, better themselves and reward even those who failed while taking risks. We need to change our mindset and help, encourage the people who want to make a difference in the world.
I've become immune to the feeling that I should continue to work in the same field as what I spent my schooling in. More and more I realize that given a chance and if I were properly exposed earlier in life, I would've not chose engineering :) (dont get me wrong, i love engineering, it equipped me with lovely skills that i can use in daily life and i see most people struggling with them). i seem to miss the social aspect completely. i dont feel i am being useful to society directly. compare me to a doctor or a dentist or a nurse (who needs much less education than we do) and getting that constant feedback from the people you directly serve. i think thats lovely. what i think i am trying to say is that personal satisfaction of feeling that what you are working towards matters to some one is truly amazing.

2 comments:

Rocky said...

Hehe, As Keerthi rightly said, you must have woke up just now. Subscribe to TED newsletter and you will receive more like these

rocky said...

Let's talk about the idea