Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Patent holder - yay!

The long wait has at last come to an end. Almost 3 years after I filed my patent application, I got three of them approved and issued on February 16th. It feels so great to get a patent issued. Have been in elated moods the entire day. I couldn't wait to share the news with my friends.
Patent application process is very interesting. You first submit a provisional application, then a file the patent in a year and wait for patent examiner to go over it. Once examiner examines the application, there would be multiple rounds of to and fro questions and answers. In this stage, you are defending your patent. Once this is done, you are done. If examiner feels it deems a patent, it is approved, otherwise declined.
Well 3 down and 13 more to go. Lets see how much success rate I will have.

2 comments:

sree said...

hehe avnaa Congrats dude

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!...and all the best for rest 13....hopefully the number turns lucky for u...:)