Sunday, January 16, 2011

10 minute exercise - 2

Whenever I need to calm myself down and regroup my thoughts, I find writing whatever I feel out lets me do that. Here is the second such exercise.
I am currently watching a movie called "Chariots of Fire." Its a very well made movie. I always feel people need to play games and sports since that develops competitive spirit, builds character, builds team play mentality, teaches us to work with the team members. Understanding the game is just one small part of the equation (I am talking about the games played at a semi-professional and lower levels). What is more important is the chemistry between players and the ability to come up with a plan to surprise your opponents and outwit them.
How often have you seen someone trying to bend the rules to win? How often have you seen someone not taking a loose in a good sportive spirit? Play for winning, I agree. But better yet, play for fun! Play the game, try to win and if you loose, be proud that you gave a hell of a fight for opponents. Your attitude should humble the opponents. Thats what I call a true win.
I often have trouble facing people who bend the rules and say, oh come on its just a friendly match, why are you following rules to the extreme? For example, if you shoot a pool ball so close to the pocket and it didnt go in, people will say, damn, please please let me have another shot. I go laughing and say , nah. you lost your chance. There was one of my friends who picked up a fight for this. Lol! Anyway, my take is play the game and play within the rules. True enough, this friend tries to bend rules even at work, in personal life. He tries to push things on others and when the other person refuses, he gets angry. What else is a better exhibitor of character than sports? :)
I feel my mind has already calmed to certain extent. And its already more than 10 mins since I started writing this. So I rest!

1 comment:

Mercime said...

I like to break the family sterotype, I believe our character should be without reproach...and people pleasantly surprised when they find out who I am.

But then again, i am putoff by those like you spoke of. There is someone in my life who monopolizes conversations and grp meetings, she redirects them to revolve around she and her wants. she is very pretty, intelligent and entertaining, but her antics are a turn off for me, so much so that i can no longer be in her presense for very long. It boggles me when people continually placate her. It is they she is taking from, and they don't even notice.