Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reality Check on previous years resolutions.

At the beginning of year 2010, I took resolutions which were summarized here. Now that a new year has begun, I thought this is a good time to get a reality check on them. Lets take one by one.
Get in touch with my old friends and keep in touch - even though I did get in touch with couple of old friends who I thought I lost connection, it doesnt feel any different no in having friends than I did before last year. So, pretty much didnt do this.
Start a blog and pose questions soliciting ideas from others on how to solve them - I did write blogs/facebook status messages posing questions, but very few took it seriously. People gave irrelevant comments. I should learn how to expose the blog to people who are external to my friends circle.
Go to gym at least 3 times a week - haha, are you kidding me? I probably went to gym 3 times the entire year. This is where I need to work a bit this year. May be go atleast once a week. Work out and play on the weekends.
Read news at least twice a week - realized quickly that reading news is not for me. fortunately we have NPR that delivers awesome news. I started listening to NPR more and more. They have a full range of programs from the latest news to out of the normal discussions. I would keep doing the same.
Read a book a month - even though I didnt read a book a month, I did read about 10 books the past year.  Thats good enough for me. I would of course try to continue doing the same.
Help at least couple of friends/family members achieve their goals - I have two folks here in San Diego who are trying to do something on their own. I have been consulting for them, and consulting them, learning from each other and bouncing ideas off each other.
So here I am writing this blog about what I did last year. Overall the year has been pretty good one. I did;
- buy a home
- get 9 patents
- become staff engineer
- sell 2 cars
- helping couple of people
Need to concentrate on 
- health & fitness
- better time management
- better relations with friends and family

1 comment:

Rakesh said...

Gym -> I don't think its our cup of tea... You can as well try doing something you like, like rugby, soccer or badminton. I went to the Gym for a couple of weeks for my physiotherapy and I didn't like it. Sitting at one place and doing the same lift/press/push/pull is not that interesting. I believe being fit is important and for that, there are other venues. Sports :-) Play what you like and it should work for you.

Blog -> In order to attract external people, you have to go to their blog, comment on their posts and ask them to visit your blog when they have time. It works